Charleville & Mallow Red Cross
The Charleville Mallow Branch of the Irish Red Cross (IRC) has been in existence for almost seventy years, founded initially in 1940, and stayed in existence until the end of World War II in 1945. The Branch reconvened in 1951 and has remained in existence ever since. The Charleville and Mallow Branch has a long-standing tradition of providing community and healthcare services, on a voluntary day-to-day basis, to all communities throughout Munster. These include:
- Provision of Ambulance and First Aid Services – to and from sporting, cultural, business, voluntary and charitable events and organisations;
- Humanitarian and disaster responses at local, regional, national and international major emergencies.
The support from the JP McManus Benevolent Fund:
- Assisted with the development and successful construction of the new IRC Charleville Mallow Branch ambulance building and base.